'Post War'-Part I - 'The visit' - Chapter IIChapter II'Post War'-Part I - 'The visit' - Chapter II by JosieCarioca
Evelyn just stood there.
Why the heck was she hesitating so much? Wasn´t this what she wanted? To talk to the owner of that house. Eileen Prince...No, Eileen Snape... Who was dead, which probably made the grumpy man standing at the door the current owner. So, Evelyn had to talk to him. That was the whole reason she had decided to come to Spinner´s End wasn´t it?
When she arrived that morning, after spending the night at a hotel in a more lively part of Cokeworth, Evelyn had the vivid impression of walking into a ghost town. "Isn´t this how most horror movies start?" She had thought to herself, as she watched through her car windows how the rows of decrepit houses passed by. From the little she had researched, Evelyn knew the whole neighbourhood had been purpose-built to house the families of the mill workers. The mill itself towered ominously over the dark and filthy streets and alleys bellow, its long chimneys pointing up at a steel-grey autumn sky.
'Post War': Part I- 'The visit' - Chapter I'Post War': Part I- 'The visit' - Chapter I by JosieCarioca
Spinner´s End, Cokeworth, Northern England.
Severus put down the book and puffed heavily. It was the sixth time the bloody doorbell had rung.
Probably the teenage delinquents who were in the inconvenient habit of roaming Spinner´s End on occasion. During the past few years, they had been coming over to that abandoned part of town whenever they felt bored or were being chased by the police. As a matter of fact, with the street´s alarming state of decay, most of its houses deserted, it was rather surprising that the juvenile gangster-hopefuls didn´t come around to "visit" more often.
Spinner´s End was after all a perfect hiding place...Nobody better than Severus knew that...
But the fact was that Spinner´s End was ruined to such a degree that not even those little punks took a more than passing interest in it. Sometimes they entered an abandoned house to smoke, played some loud music (that is, if that godawful cacophony could be call
High From the WaitingPairing: Draco Malfoy/Harry PotterHigh From the Waiting by LindsayIrene
Rating: PG for minor blood and violence
Disclaimer: The Harry Potter universe belongs to JK Rowling, and I do this for fun, not money.
Please note that when Harry taunts Draco about his mother, Harry had no way of knowing what had happened to her, as Draco had just found out himself.
As the adults talked among themselves, Draco stared out a window, watching owls zoom back and forth."The road ahead of you is not an easy one, but you did the right thing," Dumbledore said.
"I have your word that my son will be safe?" Lucius Malfoy asked challengingly.
"Safer than anywhere else. The Dark Lord's servants can't reach him here."
"What about the children of the servants of the Dark Lord?"
Dumbledore pursed his lips. "I can promise that Draco will be safe, but I cannot promise that he won't be bullied, unfortunately."
"I can't be of any help there, either." Snape, who'd been standing beside the Headmaster's desk, spoke up for the first time. "I hav
What A Weasley Chapter 4What A Weasley Chapter 4 by FantasyObsessed27
With a pop, we arrived at The Burrow. I didn't enjoy apparating as much as I would've, seeing how I vomited.
"First time?" Mr. Weasley asked me. I nodded, and he made a small noise that sounded like an apology. I shrugged, it wasn't his fault. We walked inside, and found many people packed around a small table.
"Hello!" They all said in unison.
"Uh, hi," I whispered.
"Everyone, this is Willa," Mr. Weasley introduced. "Willa, this Bill, Charlie, Percy, you know Fred and George, Ron, and Ginny."
"Hi," I said again, and sat between George (I noticed he had a freckle on his neck that Fred didn't have), and Mrs. Weasley.
The table was loud as we ate. Everyone talked over each other, trying to get their two cents in. I just sat there, taking it all in.
After eating, Mrs. Weasley showed me up to Ginny's room, where I'd be staying. I thanked her, and started to unpack my things. When I was halfway finished, Ginny came in, and I instantly because friends with her.
First name : Jessica
Age : 24
Birthday : 17-August-1990
Rules : Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 92 Truths about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
WHAT WAS YOUR :
1. Last beverage: Tea
2. Last phone call: April
3. Last text message: Ashley
4. Last song: Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms Up - YouTube
HAVE YOU EVER :
6. Dated someone twice: Yes
7. Been cheated on: Yes
8. Kissed someone & regretted it: Yes
9. Lost someone special: Yes
10. Been depressed: Yes
11. Been drunk and threw up: Yes
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS :
12. Hunter Green
13. Darker Blood
SINCE LAST YEAR (2013), HAVE YOU :
15. Made a new friend: Yes
16. Fallen out of love: no
17. Laughed until you cried: Yes
18. Met someone who changed you: Yes
19. Found out who your true friends were: Yes
20. Found out someone was talking about you: DILLIGAF? ten points if you know what that means.
21. Kissed anyone on yur FB friend's list: Yes
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life: most, if not all.
23. No Question?: REALLY RANDOM I like it.
24. Do you have any pets: yes
25. Do you want to change your name: yes.
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Dinner with my friends. Lunch with my family.
27. What time did you wake up today: 10?
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: Minecraft and writing.
29. Whats something you can't wait for: to graduate college
30. Last time you saw your mother: hour or so ago?
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: loaded question...
32. What are you listening to right now: a friend babble about her life...
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom?: Yes.
34. What's getting on your nerves right now: the person on the phone... keeping me awake.
35. Most visited webpage: Youtube.
38. Relationship Status: Almost 9 months dating.
39. Zodiac Sign: Leo
40. He or She: I am female, my better half is female...
41. Elementary : John F. Turner
42. HighSchool: D'Iberville Sr. High, 05; Bayside High 05-09
43. College: Keiser University, University of North Florida!
44. Hair color: dark
45. Long or short hair: Shoulder length.
46. Height : 5'8
47. Do you have a crush on someone?: Sure? why not.
48. What do you like about yourself?: most of me.
50. Tattoos: one now, soon to be two or three.
51. Righty or lefty : right, but i can write with my left... its barely readable.
52. First surgery: tubes in my ears.
53. First piercing: ears
54. First bestfriend: JAX!
55. First sport you joined: soccer... football.
56. First vacation: DC, between 10th and 11th grade.
RIGHT NOW :
59. Eating: nothing
60. Drinking: Tea.
61. I'm about to: hang up... cause I don't wanna deal with not.
62. Listening to: someone babble.
63. Waiting for: Friday... PAYDAY!
YOUR FUTURE :
64. Want kids?: yes, at least one son.
65. Get Married?: yes
66. Career?: FBI Behavior Analysis or Private Psychology.
WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes: eyes
68. Hugs or kisses: hugs
69. Shorter or taller: either
70. Older or Younger: not overly younger, but not overly older either... i would say 5 or 6 years age difference
71. Romantic or spontaneous: romantic
72: Nice body or Nice arms: both
73. Sensitive or loud: both
74. Hook-up or relationship: relationship
75. Funny or Shy: funny.
HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger: no
77. Drank hard liquor: yes
80. Broke someone's heart: yes
81. Had your own heart broken: yes
82. Been arrested: no
83. Turned someone down: Yes
84. Cried when someone died: i freely admit it, yes.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN :
86. Yourself: Yes, most days
87. Miracles: always
88. Love at first sight: nope.
89. Heaven: yes
90. Santa Claus: sure.
91. The tooth fairy: no.
92. Angels: Yes
By Toni Morrison
I took my heart out and gave it to a writer made heartless by fame, someone who needed it to pump blood into veins desiccated by the suck and roar of crowds slobbering or poisoning or licking up the red froth they mistake for happiness because happiness looks just like a heart painted on a valentine cup or tattooed on an arm that has never held a victim or comforted a hurt friend. I took it out and the space it left in my chest was sutured tight like the skin of a drum.
As my own pulse failed, I fell along with a soft shower of rain typical in this place.
Lying there, collapsed under trees bordering the mansion of the famous one I saw a butterfly broken by the slam of a single raindrop on its wings fold and flutter as it hit a pool of water still fighting for the lift that is its nature. I closed my eyes expecting to dissolve into stars or lava or a brutal sequoia when the famous writer appeared and leaned down over me. Lifting my head he put his lips on mine and breathed into my mouth one word and then another, and another, words upon words then numbers, then notes. I swallowed it all while my mind filled with language, measure, music, knowledge.
These gifts from the famous writer were so seductive, so all encompassing they seemed to make a heart irrelevant.
Read the Full Story here: colorlines.com/archives/2014/0…